Undeliverable Permanent Resident and Employment Authorization Cards and Travel Documents to be Destroyed After 60 Days

USCIS will now destroy Permanent Resident Cards, Employment Authorization Cards and Travel Documents returned as undeliverable by the U.S. Postal Service after 60 business days if USCIS is not contacted by the document’s intended recipient to provide the correct address.

USCIS encourages applicants to report a change of address within 10 days of relocation.

Change of Address Information

Most non-U.S. citizens must report a change of address within 10 days of moving within the United States or its territories. Exceptions include:

  • Diplomats (visa status A),
  • Official government representatives to an international organization (visa status G), and
  • Certain nonimmigrants who do not possess a visa and who are in the U.S. for less than 30 days

USCIS Change of Address

  1. File Form AR-11 (online OR by mail), AND.
  2. Change your address on any pending or recently approved applications or petitions.

For assistance on reporting a change of address or to speak with an experienced immigration attorney please contact our immigration law firm for assistance.