Non-Immigrant Visa Lawyers

A Non-Immigrant Visa permits a foreign national to temporarily enter the United States for a specific purpose. The length of time depends on the visa, however a person admitted under one status can change or extend their status. Again, this all depends on the specific non-immigrant visa issued.

Non-immigrant visas can prove to be complicated and confusing, the experienced immigration lawyers at Brandt Immigration are here to help.

B-1 Business Visa

This visa classification allows a foreign business person to enter the United States for a brief period of time in order to engage in specific activities. This status does not confer work authorization.

B-2 Tourist Visa

This visa classification allows a foreign visitor to enter the United States for a temporary visit for pleasure or for tourism. This visa may also be used to obtain medical treatment. This status does not authorize employment in the United States.

E-3 Visa

Certain “specialty occupation” professionals from Australia.

P Visa

The P Visa category refers to visas P-1A P-1B P-2 P-3 which are for internationally recognized athletes, entertainers, artists, or performers.

H1-B Specialty Occupation

This non-immigrant visa classification applies to an alien who will be employed temporarily in a specialty occupation (one which typically requires a Bachelor’s degree) or as a fashion model of distinguished merit and ability. Under current law, there is an annual limit of 65,000 aliens who may be issued a visa or otherwise provided H-1B status. As many as 20,000 additional H-1B slots are available to graduates with a  United States master’s degree.

L-1 Intra-company Transfers

The L-1 visa permits multinational companies to transfer high-level and essential employees from their international offices to the United States. The non-immigrant would work at the affiliate or subsidiary of that same employer in the U.S. in a managerial, executive, or specialized knowledge capacity.

J-1 Exchange Visitor

The J-1 Exchange Visitor category allows foreigner nationals to enter the United States and participate in an approved exchange program. This visa can vary in duration, depending on the program. Some exchange visitors are allowed to work in the United States and all J-2 dependent spouses are permitted to apply for work authorization, providing it is not utilized to support the J-1 visitor. Some J-1 and J-2 visa holders are subject to a two year home residence requirement, so it is best to check with the knowledgeable immigration lawyers at Brandt Immigration.

K-1 Fiancée  Visa

A K-1 Fiancée  Visa allows a foreign national to enter the United States for the purpose of entering into a bona fide marriage with a Unites States citizen and subsequently obtain lawful permanent residency.

E-1 Treaty Traders

The E-1 visa allows an individual to enter the United States on a non-immigrant basis for the sole purpose of carrying on substantial trade between his or her country and the United States. The home country of the non-immigrant must have a treaty with the United States, so it is best to check with the knowledgeable immigration lawyers at Brandt Immigration.

E-2 Treaty Investor

If you plan to come to the United States to run an enterprise in which you are invested, you may obtain E-2 treaty investor. status. If you are an employee of a treaty trader investor you may also be qualified as an E visa holder if your duties require special qualifications that are essential to the business. The non-immigrant must have the same nationality as the alien employer. The home country of the non-immigrant must also have a treaty with the United States, so it is best to check with the knowledgeable immigration lawyers at Brandt Immigration.

EB-1 Priority Workers

EB-2 Professionals with Advanced Degrees or Persons with Exceptional Ability

EB-3 Skilled or Professional Workers

EB-4 Special Immigrants

EB-5 Immigrant Investors

Permanent Immigration For Nurses

F-1 Foreign Student

The F-1 student visa allows foreign nationals to enter the United States for the purpose of pursuing full-time academic study at an approved school, college or university. F-1 students may obtain practical training employment authorization for a period of one year immediately after completing a degree. The employment is not limited to a specific employer, but the employment must be in an appropriate field of study. Some students may qualify for an additional 17 month extension depending on the degree obtained. Check with the knowledgeable immigration lawyers at Brandt Immigration. to see if your degree qualifies.

O-1 Individuals of Extraordinary Ability or Achievement

Highly talented or acclaimed individuals may be eligible for an O visa for entry into the United States. People who may qualify for this visa are physicians, scientists and accomplished business people as well as athletes considered to be at the top of their field.

TN Professionals

These visas are limited to nationals of Canada and Mexico. If you are employed in one of the sixty-three listed professions in NAFTA, you can apply for non-immigrant TN status. Most of the listed professions require either a bachelor’s degree or a license degree.

R-1 Religious Workers

The R-1 visa permits religious workers to come to the United States to take on a religious occupation and perform services for their religious organization. The religious organization must already be established in the United States.

Non-Immigrant Visa Attorney Proudly serving Orlando

Brandt Immigration handles immigration and citizenship issues on a daily basis and is prepared to help you achieve whichever non-immigrant visa classification you are seeking. Furthermore, our experienced Orlando immigration lawyers will keep you informed of all new laws and changes that may be relevant to your case.

If you are looking for an Orlando immigration lawyer with experience, dedication, and understanding, contact Brandt Immigration today.

[blank h=”30″]


[column parallax_bg=”disabled” parallax_bg_inertia=”-0.2″ extended=”false” extended_padding=”true” background_color=”#EFEFEF” background_image=”” background_repeat=”” background_position=”” background_size=”auto” background_attachment=”” hide_bg_lowres=”false” background_video=”” vertical_padding_top=”0″ vertical_padding_bottom=”0″ more_link=”” more_text=”” left_border=”transparent” class=”” id=”” title=”” title_type=”single” animation=”fade-in” width=”1/1″ last=”true”]


[push h=”10″]

[honeypot cmb-737]